Thread: It's a Girl!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
tboyer

Garage
It's a Girl!

My trip from Kansas to Maryland was eventful. Before leaving Kansas, I replaced the tires and had a local Porsche dealership change the oil and perform a "once over" About 800 miles into my trip, the check engine light (CEL) came on right after a gas fill up. I stopped at a Porsche dealership in Columbus, Ohio to have it checked out. The service manager explained that the problem was most likely due to the mass air flow sensor (of course). I left Columbus without clearing the CEL, a short time later the CEL went off on its own. 300 miles later and right after a pit stop, the CEL came back on and remained on until I got home. My Actron diagnostic reader showed pending codes P1033 and P1275 which are emission related. I spoke with my trusted local Porsche racing shop service advisor who explained that possibly because the car was driven hundreds of miles in a short period of time, the computer may have recognized the difference and popped the CEL because of it. Since clearing the codes, I've driven 50 or so miles with no new issue. I understand from my seller that the emission system was serviced 3K miles ago, he's faxing over the service records to prove that statement. If this is the case, it should be under warranty.

I love this car, the difference between this 3.2 S and my old 2.7 base is night and day. More power, tighter handling, more aggressive sound, it really was worth the pain of selling the old and seeking out the new.

All tucked away in her new garage

'06 Cayman 'S' - Sold (Sport Chrono, PASM, TPMS, 19' CAS Wheels, NAV)
'06 Cayenne - Sold
'01 Boxster 'S' - Sold
'00 Boxster - Sold
tboyer is offline   Reply With Quote