Thread: Rear Fog Lights
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
squeak

So weird reading some of these replies about rear fogs. As a Scotsman now living in the US, I was shocked and stunned when I picked up my first US spec car and on one long foggy trip, discovered to my dismay that there were no rear fogs. My wife (American) looked at me like I was crazy, "rear fog lights...what are they?"

Every car I have owned over the years has had two rear fogs and most have had front fogs also. When I was stationed in Germany with the Royal Air Force, it was the same there. The "legal requirement" was for one rear fog, but two was also acceptable for both BFG and TUV standards.

When driving in foggy/bad weather conditions, rear fogs are an absolute God send! Safety first and all that jazz. If someone behind you thinks your brake lights are on, then they are a) an idiot, b) too frikin close! The only annoyance factor is when you get the other type of idiot on the road who "forgets" to turn off the fog lights...SOOOOO hard to work out what that funny little light on the dash means.

Cheers, Gord.

2001 Boxster S
Arctic Silver/Blue interior & roof
19' Porsche wheels
Litronics
Short shifter
Carbon fiber interior accents and gear knob
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote