View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #14
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Meerzee,

I hope you read my thread titled "dismissed".....and in case you didn’t, I won my case in which I was “clocked in” at 124mph.

I still walk tall with my honor and integrity; in fact I think I am walking even taller. Although I can't say that the officer is doing the same.

Innocent until proven guilty! That’s why the USA is the greatest country in the world.
James,

Why wouldn't the Officer be walking tall as well? As I recall, he did clock you at 124 mph. He didn't make up the fact that you were speeding. He didn't entrap or mistreat you in any way. He did make a minor administrative mistake on the citation and you had the means to hire a high-priced lawyer to get you off. Is that something that the Officer should be ashamed of? Is that something that you should be proud of?

Don't get me wrong, I readily admit that I offered you advice that I hoped was helpful to you. I saw the incident as a young man who made a dumb mistake, which could have cost you dearly. The fact that you won your court case, however, doesn't make you right, nor is it something that the Officer should be ashamed of. The sad part for me is that rather than being humbled by the experience, you're here doing an end-zone dance because you got over on the Officer and the system. Lesson lost.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is an interesting proclamation for you to make, especially since you immediately came to the forum, admitted your guilt and asked for help.

Pleading not guilty and accepting a not guilty verdict knowing full well that you were in fact guilty? Then claiming that you are walking taller with your honor and integrity intact? Perhaps you and I have different definitions of honor and integrity. I'm disappointed because as a valuable learning opportunity, it would appear that your experience has been a failure. I'm not saying you're O.J. or anything; it was only a traffic ticket, but c'mon man.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 11-13-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote