Thread: Uh Whaaa?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
bigb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos
Look, people are going to frequently disagree with one another on a website or in real life. I know I do -- sometimes I post it, too.

Bruce happens to be a owner (or co-owner, I really don't know what the situation is nor do I feel it is important one way or the other) and what people have to understand is that he does have authority to do as he sees fit -- much like George Steinbrenner does with the Yankees. You can agree, disagree even hate the choices somebody makes, but when it all is said and done, this site is his site (or co-his site). I've often disagreed with him, some of you and some other members who don't seem to frequent this site much anymore. Sure, sometimes a thread gets locked down before you can get the last word in (or an owner decides what the last word will be), but I chalk that up to his right -- as an owner. This is not a democracy. I accept that. In the grand scheme, I'm not losing any sleep about getting in the last word on an internet forum.

What I don't understand is all this drama about people declaring that they are going. I'm not specifically trying to pick on anyone as this is a recurrring theme on this forum (and others) -- people get frustrated curse out the owner or another member(s) and perform a swan song. Why not just PM the owner (or the offending member) and try to find common ground? My guess is that the result will be the same as whatever you hope to get out of this thread. Seriously, if this group is as tight-knit as implied, I'm sure you have each other's email and can let your "friends" know what's what. Alternatively, you can just leave and start your own website and see how well you'll fare. On a personal note, I find my life too busy and important to do that myself, so I'll continue to abide by the rules of others, or find another forum. Viva capitalistas!
I'd mod this post waaay up. Well said.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote