Thread: cracked bumper
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
pteam

cracked bumper

Ok so driving back from Niagra falls weekend getaway with my girl for her birthday on the way home its dark out doing 75 on freeway. BAM big ass metal thing about 5 feet long in the middle of the highway. My front bumper hits it along with my right side tires. I had maybe half a second. Afterwards I see about 5 cars and a semi pulled over as if they hit it too. I get off next exit and a minivan pulls in behind me with part of his bumper hanging on the ground. "You hit that too?"

The bumper isnt that bad but its split and cracked, it could be repaired but I don't really want to do that.

Well my insurance deducatable is $500 . So my question is. If I claim this on insurance will they pay the regular amount for a new front bumper to me and if I decide to buy an aftermarket front bumper like a GT3 or something I can use the money towards that?

Anybody had experience with insurance companies like this? Should I get an estimate from a porsche dealer for a new front bumper and painting and show it ot them? What else should I be thinking of?
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote