Thread: OBC hack
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
bigb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2034
I've built two 8 second drag race cars, I also built a 250mph fully aerobatic Glasair airplane with a complete glass instrument panel. Also a 27 foot power boat with a supercharged 600hp chevy engine and a custom harley from scratch. With 25 years experience building all thing mechanical I'm sure I can complete a simple install of a 4 stalk in a porsche.

If you read the information on this HACK from this web site and other the hack is straight forward!!

But as you can see from this thread like "bigb" mentioned the cluster can be installed in another car and then turned on. And I also read else where that the OBC was under the seat.

I just want to know the FACTS not opinions if I can replace the cluster and the OBC is located in the cluster it would be GREAT if its not I will do the hack and deal with turning the OBC on next time we travel.

Thank you for the warm welcome to the site

Sorry a Glasair is an Experimental aircraft you purhase as a kit, which takes 3000-5000 hours or more to build.
Brian, it sounds like the OBC hack shouldn't be a problem at all for you. Also, I am not sure what I wrote that indicated to you that the cluster could be installed in another car and then turned on.

On my car, the OBC was "turned on" by the dealer (in essence enabling a flag, which is turned off by default in cars that do not come with the OBC as a factory option). Then, the OBC hack was done. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse/mislead you in any way. Feel free to post if you need any clarification(s), and good luck with the hack.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote