View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:53 AM   #12
meerzee

Well, cannot get used to the time shift, so my and my programmed mind are getting up at 0500PST regardless of the darkness...so what else to do but check the 986 forum?

Thanks for the suggestions! Drove up 101N to Healdsburg (awesome 4 block town!) - got off at the first exit and visited Rodney Strong and a couple other wineries. Got to Healdsburg downtown then went out on WestSide Rd until we got to Hop Kiln and a few others in the area. Then found La Crema in downtown for my 1100PST VIP wine tasting which was truly awesome, had lunch at the Oakville Grocery or something like that then went to K&J and then Arista wineries (amazing Japanese gardens, definitely worth a visit!) drove back to Santa Rosa/Rennhart Park (sp?) - I don't know what the plans are today, I only have 1 tour and that is @ Mondavi. For some, I haven't be overly impressed with the quality of the food --- maybe it is the New Orleans thing and that my part-time (other than Porsche) passion is cooking.

Plan on going to SF tomorrow for the day and see what kind of trouble we can get into! Anyone ever been to Chinatown? I do alot of Chinese calligraphy writing and was curious how that area of the city was and such. Just curious and thanks so much for all of the amazing info. When I drove those amazing backroads, I am missing my Box ALOT!

Porsche count:
I have seen 2 carreras, 1 cayman, -0- boxsters......several Cayenne's....
and lots of BMWs....and a few S2000s. Would mind renting anything but the Ford SUV I have...the only "fun" car Avis had was a Sky (hmmmm) --- not exactly what I was looking for....perhaps the redline edition would have been fun to try out!

Thanks again!
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote