View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
jtimblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Pants
Everything worked fine up until the car battery replacement? What is the replacement battery?

Any chance the terminals were reversed when the replacement battery was put in?

You don't see all the idiot lights go on when you turn the ignition on.

The battery in the remote has noting to do with starting the car. A dead remote battery or no battery just means the remote will not work. You can take the battery out of the remote and it will still start the car. The valet key has no remote or battery.

A code reader is not going to tell you why the car will not crank over. A code reader is for emission related faults.

Removing or replacing the car battery does not "unprogram" the remote or valet key.

This is a mystery.

I picked up the Actron OBDII reader listed here, best they had. It's not communicating with the OB computer. I'll check updates to the reader this weekend.

The batter was installed with the proper polarity, although I'm sure that happens to people from time to time.

I did take the battery to Batteries+ to check, and it was OK. It was whatever store brand type 48 they had. I saw one replaced just fine in a 911 while I was there.

On reinstalling the battery the oil light does not come on anymore, the only light is the battery light plus the airbag light while the ignition is turned.

It's a head scratcher, I'll fool around with it a little more before having it towed to the dealer....

Jeff
Raleigh, NC
jtimblin is offline   Reply With Quote