View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
der Geist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
I don't believe turbowerx makes a kit for the 2.7L yet. But after seeing Gary's dyno results I would never supercharge the boxster engine. The gains pale in comparison to the twin turbo setup.
Adam- What were the differences? I didn't see the dyno. Doesn't Gary have the twin turbo? According to Turbowerks they went from a twin to a single turbo setup for the 2.7 liter. He told me they are doing their initial installs on the 2.7 this month. I spoke to him via email and was going to have it done but the logistics of getting it to Austin along with a vacation conflict were a little too much. I had second thoughts as well as I was told this kit would be out "next month" on more than one occasion last year. Also, he told me that the ECU would need extensive reprogramming and I am kind of iffy about that. I am sure the kit is fine but I don't think I want to be the first one to put a turbo on a 11.3:1 compression engine. I would feel a lot safer if the compression was lowered. Maybe that's why the dyno is the way it is. I don't think you can load a lot of boost with that much compression. $ for $ I think a 3.4 swap would have been better. I know turbo technology has moved forward wuite a bit but Turbowerks claim that of the single turbo performing as good or better than the twin didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote