View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
Bob O

I'll second the Pagid pads...great track pads. I've also used (and still do for daily driving) Hawk pads (HPS I think,, i'll have to go look up the invoice), which, imho, are better than OEM for daily driving..better stopping or at least equal, hardly any dust, no noise, overall good pads. I had them on the track also, and they performed pretty well...not as well as the pagids but not bad. Mintex is a pretty good pad also. I've used and liked them, but they do seem to have more dust than the Hawks.

For tires, I've had Pirellis (ugh) Contis (double ugh) and, don't shoot me, BF Goodrich G Force Sport. (I had Bridgestone's on my 911 but not on the Box so can't comment on the sizes needed for one) The Goodrich got a great rating from tirerack, are holding up extremely well, have excellent wet and dry grip and are, or were, reasonably priced (I haven't checked recently so prices may have gone up) For daily driving they're not a bad choice. Just another option for you to consider and my $.02

Topless: YOu've gotten 6 track days on OEM pads and still have half left? WOW....are you braking hard enough? I put on new ones a year ago and they were not quite but almost shot after 4 days. And showed a little fade late in the day. Up to the point of fade they were pretty good however. New rotors and the pagids solved that problem. BUT.. after putting on the pagids, the OEM's were really second class..just for the track mind you.. for street driving OEM's are more than adequate, except for the dust.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote