View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
bigb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I do not understand your question, it is a little unclear.

From my understanding of what you are saying the top is operating perfectly.
You should have to hold down the top button the entire time the top is opening or closing. Then when the top dash light goes out you release the button.
If you continue to press the button the top will do the reverse of what it just did. So if you never release the top button, then it will open then close, then open, etc.

Hope his Helps!
Rick, I concur that the problem description could be clearer, but I think pk2 is saying that the dash light never goes out, even when the top is fully up (or down). For the rest of us, we keep the button pressed till the dash light goes out, and then we release the button. In pk2's case, the light never goes out, so it seems that he doesn't have a good indication of when to release the button.

Also, I don't believe the top button works as a toggle - it has two different settings (at least on my 01), such that you press one end to put the top up, and the other end to put it down.

Sorry pk2, I don't have any tips to offer you, but hopefully this clarifies the problem such that someone can actually provide the answer you are looking for.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote