View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
MartinJ

Tires, go with the PS2 if you have them and like them, they are simply an excellent tire, I have them on my car.

Having said that I think I will go with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 next time, I have the all season F1 tires on my Benz and I like them a lot so I think F1 GS-D3 will be a step up over the PS2.

Pads, I think the stock pads are pretty good unless you track the car (in which case they wear out quickly). If you track I would go with PAGID. For street and track I like the PAGID sport pads – dark blue, less dust and last longer than stock. They can squeal a little bit, but they work well cold (important for the street).

You can go with either the Blue or Orange pads on the track but these pads will squeal on the street and need to warm up to work at their best. I have not tried these yet but if I do they will be for track only. PAGID Orange seems to be the pad of choice for P-cars at the track. Boxster pads are simple to replace so swapping them for track days in not a huge issue.

My PAGID pads (987) have no holes for wear sensors, tie wrap them out of the way and check you pads regularly if you go with them.
2008 Carrera S Cabriolet, Meteor Grey Metallic, Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes, Heated Front Seats, Navigation, Floor Mats – I know the Porsche ones suck but they came with the car, Park Assist, Power Seats, Self Dimming Mirrors, 19 inch Sport Design Wheels – Classic Car and Classic Wheels, Bose, Sports Chrono Plus. Mods so Far: XPEL Clear Bra, Smart Top, Dension iPod Integration, Clear Side Markers

2001 MB CLK320 with a collection of performance mods.

Last edited by MartinJ; 11-08-2007 at 05:33 PM.
MartinJ is offline   Reply With Quote