View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
gtokars@gmail.com

Just test drove a boxster and dont know what to do!

I am in the market for a boxster and just test drove a 2002 boxster S with 21,000 miles. The test drive was awesome. The leather and soft top were in good condition and it drove really well. There were a couple problems. I noticed that the left sideview mirror didnt go up and down, just side to side but the right sideview mirror worked in all directions. Also when I stopped the car, I noticed that the retractable rear spoiler(sorry I dont know what the formal name is) was still up. It went down after pressing the manual retracting button, but my understanding was that it goes up while driving fast and goes down afterward. Should this be a deal breaker? Could this be a sign of more expensive electrical problems? Anyone have any idea how much these things would cost to fix?Unforunately there is no porsche dealer within 50 miles of this used car dealership so it may be difficult to have a dealer look at it. There is a mechanic in town locally where the porsche is being sold that is AAA recomended and has experience with some porsche issues. . I also don't live in an area where there are plenty of used boxsters to choose from(I had to drive 5 hours to test drive this one) so I can't be super picky. The price is right(25k), so does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Greg
gtokars@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote