View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #19
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
I hear ya. Now that I'm here though I expect all other Californians to stay away. You know they estimate that by 2030 Austin will be larger than Houston putting it in the top four largest cities in the States. This place is growing like crazy. Our whole skyline is peppered with high rise cranes. I can understand it though. It's a kick ass town to live in.

I was driving east on 290 right after the 130 interchange near Manor, where I live. Want to move closer to the city though. Got snowballed by how much house you can get out there for such a little amount of money. That's what California real estate prices will do to you. You overcompensate.
Definitely, you get MUCH more house out here for the money.

I have a friend that moved here from Kalifornia a few years ago when housing prices there started rising. He was able to sell his house out there, outright BUY a nice house here and have money left over. Taking him to his first Texas gun show was fun. He was giddy that no only could you buy a gun and take it home the same day... you could buy TWO... or THREE!

I definitely like it here. Allergies notwithstanding (I'm allergic to EVERYTHING that grows in central Texas), I love Texas.

Find the Wurstfest post and try to get out with some of the local P-car owners. I won't be here for it, but there will be a handful of guys going for a nice drive ending up at Wurstfest in New Braunfels.

Let me know if you need to know anything about Austin, or where things are!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote