View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
porsche986

yer randell i agree, everything needs to be taken into account.
With me living here i dont really think its high but... say i was living in the states then looking at my country i would agree with you 100%.
I hate paying VAT and TAX on everything as this is what pumps the price up but there is no way around it.

Bruceless. yes good help there, thankyou by the way.
Brucelee i was on about the boxster, with my box black its marked with swirl marks as most black cars are but very very slight. BMW said they would re-sray the car to porsche standard and it would be like it just came out the showroom. It will take 3 weeks as they said they need to put all painted parts back to shop floor standard ( remove all paint ) then they will re-spray the car to porsche thickness and texture which takes 3 weeks as it needs to go through 6 times to meet porsche standard. The price is high but they do a superb job and although its a BMW dealer i saw a ferrari getting a new spray after crash damage so i figured a porsche would be ok too. They have an excellent repuation here and i dont mind paying that sort of money as it would remove all scratches and a few little dints. The colour would be the same kind mat black and they would order the paint from porsche. This is BMW main dealer bodyshop and they charge the same price as porsche charge for a full body stripdown and spray.
The way my car is a dealer offered me £20,000 which is annoying.. ($40,000)
He says although its a 1998 he is only offering 20,000 as it has slight scratches or it would be £21,000 as the rest of the car, milage, ect.. is excellent condition.

so i figured i will keep my boxster forever now and update the paintwork and instead of selling just get another cab, 4 seats is a must and the BMW m3 or 330ci is the only kind i want as everything else is rubbish.

would this be acceptable?

Last edited by porsche986; 01-19-2005 at 10:50 AM.