View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 07:18 AM   #4
porsche986

The boxster aint really an expensive car to run and repair. Everyone thinks porsche.. wow mega money to run but its not.
I have a 1998 boxster whoch i bought new in 98 and its never had any major problems. All this talk about never buy a boxster under 1999 is rubbish.

Always expect to replace the tyres and brake pads on any used car.
a quick example is £340 + vat for a service, rear tyres at £150 includding vat, brake pads all round £300 + vat, petrol full tank from light on about £50.00 incudding vat.
Incase you dont know what VAT is its 17.5% added to every £1.00
This is UK prices i aint fully sure about United States i think its double my prices then half it but maybe someone in the US can add to this which would be good.

Brucelee, i didnt know you were a dealer... i was thinking about selling my box and getting an M3 cab. I decided i wanna keep my boxster as its a stunning machine and pull enough cash togther and still get my M3 CAB.

anyways i was thinking about re-sraying the car? would this be ok? the BMW main dealer is going to do the job at £5700 whoch is about $11200 but it will be a great job. Would this effect re-sale value as it will be the same colour? just i saw your post about paintwork..

Last edited by porsche986; 01-19-2005 at 07:27 AM.