View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I hope a torent of people giving you abuse for drink driving doesnt happen as you are extremely sorry for what you did and those messages dont need to be said.

Yeah, I kinda expect to have quite a few people give me a hard time or lecture me about it. As they should. Like I said it wasn't something I've done very often, I can count fingers on less than one hand the times in my 35 years on this planet that I lacked the judgment to call a cab. I wish one of my friends would have stopped me that night, but then again my near DUI experience was the reassuring factor that I won't be in that situation again. I'm not a drunk. I don't have an alcohol problem, just a lack of judgment that night. I'm ashamed of it. This time I got seriously lucky so the next time I'm out and drink a couple too many I'll call the wife or take a cab because I'll always remember how close I came. (not to mention that nobody else got hurt)

Yet I expect anyone who has an opinion on the subject to say what they will and be honest about how they feel. I think everyone at some point in there life has lost a friend or family member (or known someone that has) to a stupid drunk driver.

Aside from all that and the beating I expect to take, it's still a good Boxster story and I had to tell it

Last edited by TimAustinW; 10-31-2007 at 08:34 PM.
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote