View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #14
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Sorry to hear about the service some of you have. I would like to share two good stories about my experience with dealerships:

I bought my car at Jim Ellis in Atlanta. Every stereotype I hold for dealerships, they did not meet. I am 22 years old, so based on my experience in buying and servicing BMW's, I expected a fair amount of age discrimination when buying my first Porsche. Not the case at all. My dealer treated me the same way you'd expect to be treated if you were buying a $440k CGT. Secondly, I expected a snobby high-pressure environment. My dealer let me take the car out alone a few times before I bought it. He was also down-to-earth and knowledgable of his product. He has owned Porsches for the last 20 years, and understood the culture as a result.

I have my car serviced at Euroclassics Porsche in the Richmond, VA area. My service advisor treats me like gold, and has gone out of his way to help me get something covered by warranty, even when it was questionable as to whether the warranty covered it. I had a problem with a repair they had done (minor issue, though), and he immediately made an appointment for the next morning to have it taken care of.

If I could ask for anything, I would say I wish the dealerships had more loaner cars sitting around. I don't care what it is -- a fleet of 10 Kia's would be fine with me. I just don't like having to bring work to the dealership or have someone drive me too and from. When my parents drop off their $25k cars for service (Toyota Camry and F150), they certainly get a loaner every time. Why, then, can't I?
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote