View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
KevinH1990

Robbins Top - Fair Offer & Advice

I have the opportunity to buy a Robbins glass window top with defroster and wiring. It is the color of my current top. If I can get a good deal, it might be a cheap insurance policy. It will be an even better deal if I can gather the nerve to install it myself.

I don't absolutely need a new top now. My rear window is probably a 7 on a scale of 10 and I have a hard top for the winter. My car was built 9-11-99, so the top is over 8 years old. It has a few scratches and hazy spots.

My questions:

1. What is a fair offer? They are readily available for about $700 on the internet. The seller bought the top and sold his car before he installed it. Is $400 a fair offer?

2. I've researched tops on this forum and some others. More people seem to have GAHH tops and there are some comments that they are superior. What is the current thinking about Robbins tops? Has anyone installed one lately.

3. I there anyone in the Central Virginia area interested in helping with a top install? Experienced volunteers are preferred.

Thanks in advance.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote