View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #23
Kirk

Didn't I read on here somewhere that PSM is standard on the new Boxsters? I don't think it's gross negligence that Porsche doesn't have PSM on the CGT, but still certainly stupid. It's a safety device which they'll put standard on their lowest powered model but not on their highest powered and fastest model? That just does not make sense.

Regardless you can see that this "stupidity" only cost Porsche 8% out of this lawsuit. The driver and the track carried the brunt of the cost. As for the track, well yeah they did screw up in a big way. Take a close look at the pictures of the wall where they hit. The design of the wall to accomodate a playground (nice location to have kids playing by the way) was just beyond stupid. That's why the track settled, because they would have lost in court for gross negligence. Sure you can hit a wall head-on in a turn if you just push straight through the turn. But generally in a turn you're going to be braking and going much slower. On a straight you're going to be going as fast as you can and having a solid wall there, in the straight, that you can hit head-on, was pure negligence on the part of the track.

Personally I think the widow was right in getting this settlement!

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote