Thread: Ebay update
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:09 AM   #12
RandallNeighbour

I bought my boxster on eBay and I will never do it again without a PPI done on the car before I buy it, which MUST include a four wheel alignment.

In fact, I will never buy another car used or new without a laser four wheel alignment. It shows frame damage that cannot be visually inspected.

The guy who sold it to me used his dad's dealer license to buy it at the Miami auction and had no history on the car.

Upsides? It had a brand new engine put in it the week before it went into the auction.
Downsides? The car was in bad shape otherwise. Tranny needed replacement, front sub frame was bent, etc.

I was an idiot back then, and I did not have a PPI done on the car before driving it home from Miami to Houston. I had the cash and the green light from the wife, so I found the car in the color I wanted and BAM, bought it.

I wish I could have said I was a teenager with no experience, but I was too emotional and not rational enough. Ebay brings that out in a lot of people.

Next pre-owned Porsche will be a CPO car. I want Porsche to pay for their crappy plastic parts, IMS failure and RMS leaks for a few years on the next go-round.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote