Thread: Proper MPG?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerzee
I am curious as to why I am always getting ~15MPG no matter what. It seems that my 93 octane just floats out of the car. When I observe the OBC and I simply coast slowly around the block, it is registering in the 12-14MPG range. I thought I would be getting better gas mileage, but I could be completely wrong here. I drive slightly spirited, but most of the time I drive perfectly "normal" and rather average. I could have sworn the interstate mileage would be better but even then it doesn't seem to go much higher than high teens. Engine is pretty much brand new since being replaced before I bought the 02 S, but I was just checking out what the proper/average MPG expectations should be.

Thanks.
I typically get anywhere (02 S) from low to high 20's depending on my driving. I can't remember having it ever drop below 20 (maybe it dipped below 20 when we went to the Tail of the Dragon?). I don't have a fancy OBC so I do it the old fashioned way (miles driven since last tank divided by number of gallons it takes to fill). How many miles are you getting on a tank of gas (thinking maybe the OBC is off)? I can get 300-350 highway before the light goes on.

If all else fails drive 2 feet behind a semi and you should be getting into the 20's. (Got this off of the TV show "Mythbusters")
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote