Thread: one year ago...
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
djomlas

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
one year ago...

exactly one year ago i purchased my boxster...it will be getting a fresh bath today if it doesn't get too cold hehe.
started my search for a more unique/different/uncommon boxster.
saw this one on ebay listed by a dealership, called them, negotiated, then negotiated some more, and after 4 days it was mine, i didnt get a PPI as it was a small dealership in Indiana, but i did send them a list of items to check and send pictures back, and checked out the car myself when i got there, so far no problems.
i didn't have a radio code at the time,and it was my first long trip in a boxster (3-4 hrs at 1 am), and i remember my back aching because i want used to seat position compared to my other car, and trying to stay awake and sing a song to stay awake, and then i learned that i seriously don't know one freggin song by heart, LOL...good times.
i enjoyed the car a lot, and still do.
haven't had too many problems with it, coolant cap and maf swap.
car came with a tequipment knob and e-handle, and 17 in wheels, along with a hardtop.
so far i put in an intake, short shifter, exhaust cutouts, 18in wheels and tires, and silver interior pieces, and did some work on breaks(pads, brake/clutch flush...thx Patrick, and painted calipers), and got rid of the orange different ways
i put almost exactly 10k miles on it few autocross events, and love it, cant wait till next season withs some more mods hopefully.

so anyways here are some before and after pictures before are at the dealers place

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote