View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:46 AM   #13
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Baseball, one thing I will do when buying a new Pcar is having a tech hook up a PST tool to it BEFORE I SIGN THE PAPERS to recored the number of stage one and stage two redlines the engine has on it.

This way, if the engine blows, Porsche can't tell you they're not paying for it because you redlined it.

If the engine doesn't blow, it's a good way to record a baseline so you know how you and anyone else has driven the car.

If it does have a bunch of stage two redlines, you can refuse to take delivery of the car. One overly zealous drive in your brand new car by a salesman or tech or a porter pegging it repeatedly is really bad for a brand new engine, but they could care less because it's not their car.

Hey Randall, just a side note, on the 987 (not sure about the 986) there are actually 6 (six) ranges on the DME that record ignitions for that range. I don't know what they all mean. I wish someone could tell me.

At my last oil change, just last week (I love that new oil "feeling"!), I asked for a print-out from my DME. The tech gave it to me and reviewed it with me. He said everything was fine.