View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #26
Wonko The Sane

We've actually got the wedding and honeymoon mostly paid for already, the real issue is the money that I'm paying on the box (I still owe on it) vs. the enjoyment that I get out of it, and the fact that we live too far apart. We are spending approx $100 a week in gas to see each other as well as additional expenses associated with traveling that much. This means that we're basically spending a boxster payment a month on just travelling to see each other, in addition to the wedding, honeymoon and trying to save for a house.

The additional money I'm spending on the box would help make a nicer down payment for house while allowing everything else to happen easier.

The wedding itself is actually pretty small (although i consider anything larger than going to the JP and a party afterwards extravagant ) and the honeymoon isn't anything ridiculous either, they're still a fairly pricey proposition if you have a large family (like we both do). Ideally, I'd like to be able to save up enough money to put down on a house immediately after the wedding, which selling the box would allow me to do. It's more an issue of what I can afford to do for the wedding/honeymoon/house than if I can do it at this point, but I'd still like to be able to contribute more towards a better house and (secondary) honeymoon.

As far as the car situation: She has a car, and I just got a different car with the intention of selling the Box... I wasn't expecting it to take this long I'm not going to get rid of the other car, so the box has to go.