View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
Burg Boxster

three things, if I may, that I hope will help.......

1 - get some pictures of your car in bright sunlight so it's shiny. Yes it looks clean and reflects well, but not shiny. Bright sunlight and shiny will make it look FUN! Get that sun sparkling of the AS paint.

2 - scrub the tires and put some tire shine on there. Again shiny and eye catching......like a fishing lure . In your photos, your tires now look like you accidentally hit them w/ polish or wax from the buffer. Those not as fanatical about cars, might think it looks like you just repainted the whole thing carelessly for a quick sale...

3 - Try autotrader.com and spend the extra couple $ to include picture(s). The car's age and mileage w/out a picture is going to turn away more people than it will attract. Thus, IMNSHO, regular newspapers are a waste for high mile cars over $4K. FWIW, in Jan I sold my wife's '02 Volvo S80 w/ 95K on the clock thru autotrader. Guy who bought it loves higher mileage cars (b/c others like me already ate the depreciation). Anyhow, he told me he doesn't even call if there's no pic. Reasons being:
- seller is either asking way too much and just trying to get more for car than it's worth or what dealer would give them wholesale or
- seller didn't take good care of it and knows picture might hinder an interested party from looking at more closely

I just did a search on autotrader for 200 miles around St. College and only 8 showed up. Needless to say, your asking price (even w/ mileage) is below the lowest one out there: 97 w/ 107K asking $13,997 (at a dealer so take 10% off ask price)
Autotrader 97 Boxster Serach 200mi St. College

JM2C and hope it helps. And as Mike said, stress the positive and fun factor!

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote