View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
boxsterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmike
I'm actually surprised by the mixed review so far.

You know it's funny. It's the same as the S arguement. There is no denying that this forum is home to two camps of owners (of which neither is right, but I have a preference for). Those that find PSM less of a necessity are inclined to one of the three:

a) Those that are wondering probably don't take their car to the edge given the opportunity. Let's face it, many boxsters are garage queens, reserved for boulevard cruising replete with shiney painted calipers.

b) Those that do push it, yet find it unimportant never experienced driving WITH PSM and frankly don't know what the're missing.

c) Those fabled few that can skillfully balance the box on the razor's edge who have been lucky enough not to wreck badly, yet. Sooner or later you will want PSM, because inorder to be an expert at the limit, you have to surpass it once in a while. PSM allows you to do so without the controlled track condition.

Before you flame me, have a buddy shadow you in a PSM boxster. My guess is, a like wise skilled driver would run circles around the non-PSM car. Moreso if roads are wet. If you know the road well, you might be faster without PSM. If however you were pressed to do so consistently say 10 times, chances are the one time you cross the limit may result in a serious wreck without PSM (I'm thinking of those Mt. twisties). With PSM, you wouldn't "lose control", worse case is you'd be slower...