View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 AM   #14
squeak

Update...

Ended up taking the car to a Porsche Independant garage in downtown Little Rock. My wife remembered him being there from when she lived in the city years ago. Turns out he's been there for 34 years! Anyways, I checked him out and his garage has a good reputation (spoke to other customers who have been going there for years) and when I went down it was full of Porsche's, Jaguar's (couple of beautiful E-type's!) Land Rover/Range Rover's etc all being worked on...BUSY place.

Guy who owns the garage was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Checked out the problem I had with the water leak and booked me in for the following week. He was almost certain, on initial inspection, that the window needed to be raised a little and that the A pillar/wing mirror needed to be adjusted inwards slightly. He guessed it would take about two/two and a half hours in total to fix.

Got the car back and all is well! He ran me through everything that he had done on the car, even removed the door panel again when I went to pick it up, to show me what he had done. Had me sit in the car while he ran water over the area that had been the problem to show me that there was no more water coming in where it shouldn't. All was good to go. He also checked all rubber seals and drainage holes for me, all were in good condition/clear.

At work that night we had a major downpour and I'm very happy to say that the car was bone dry when I went out to check a couple of hours later No more leak! Well happy with the service I received and it didn't cost me the world to get sorted...his labor charge is $78 an hour.

Cheers, Gord.

2001 Boxster S
Arctic Silver/Blue interior & roof
19' Porsche wheels
Litronics
Short shifter
Carbon fiber interior accents and gear knob
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote