View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
KevinH1990

I think about an S every so often - especially when I see how far S prices have dropped since I bought my non-S.

I guess my thought process is this:

When I changed from a 94 Miata to a 2000 Boxster, the upgrade in performance was substantial. The condition of the car was also better. I sold my 94 Miata with hard top for $6300 and bought the Boxster for $21,250 and added a hard top for $610. So, I basically spent three times the selling price of the Miata on the Boxster. I think the Boxster is a great car, but it isn't three times as much fun as the Miata. (It is 1.5 to 1.8 times as much fun.) It is also a Porsche - and we all know the intangible value of that.

On the other hand upgrading to an S will bring slightly more fun at a a fairly substantial price. The intangibles won't be as great as my move from the Miata to the Boxster. So, up to this point I haven't felt compelled to move to an S.

Now, when my Boxster wears out that will be another story.

Have fun with your decision.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote