View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
tboyer

Garage
Save my marriage or upgrade to an '05 S?

What do you do when the wife goes out of town for the weekend? Porsche shopping of course (just in case you said strip club or half a dozen bars, this post is meant to set you straight ) I bought an '00 986 a couple of months ago (my first Porsche), With all the hype about the diffs between the base and the S, I had to experience it for myself. I headed down to my dealer to test drive a shiny '05 S. Ahhhhhh mama, I felt like I was cheating on my wife, tight, solid, fast, beautiful. My salesman asked if I was a cop (I'm not), he explained that only cops test drive cars like I do since they carry a badge to get them out of trouble, LOL! If you haven't experienced the S, I highly recommend it.

So my problem is this, my '00 is paid for, runs great, looks good, rides nice, etc…the up to the S with ext warr. will cost me 24K on top of what I paid for the '00 Plus, my wife is just getting used to the idea of owning a Porsche. Did I break some sort of unwritten rule by driving an S from a base and not buying it on the spot?

'06 Cayman 'S' - Sold (Sport Chrono, PASM, TPMS, 19' CAS Wheels, NAV)
'06 Cayenne - Sold
'01 Boxster 'S' - Sold
'00 Boxster - Sold
tboyer is offline   Reply With Quote