View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 AM   #34
meerzee

Smile

I say congrats to you for achieving your success. Success and wealth can mean alot to different people. As you get older your definition of success changes, and I think you find it less important to "flash" your wealth so much, as you know you have it, and you don't need to prove anything. Same reason why alot of clutch popping kids are revving at the light to take on everyone, it is just thinly veiled confidence and a need to prove who they are through what they own, instead of being strong & confident in who they are.

This is my first Porsche and I could have bought a new one in cash and not lost a minute sleep, but I personally find it hard to just justify it, (call me crazy) just for a weekend fun car, so that it why I bought a clean used one. I figured heck, even if I want/need to toss in another $5k-10k for extras or maintenance, it is still OK...even if the whole car is junk, losing $25K is not a huge deal in the scheme of things, so it doesn't bother me.

Be proud of who you are, but never let anything define who you are as a person, Porsche or not.

All the best!
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote