Thread: 3.2 turbo
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
boxsterz

Thanks dmcutter,

I've been anxiously waiting for this kit to hit prime time.
Two issues I'd like to see addressed: Fuel management, and detonation control. I don't know what price point they are coming in at, but let's say its the same as 2.5 kit/$7k. That's ok, but that competes with a 3.6 swap.

On casual glance, I am not clear why the 2.5 kit get's more % bump than the 3.2. Using 2.5 numbers, the 3.2 should get a 84 hp bump and not the stated 77.

Also, "• Compatibility with most aftermarket headers", makes no sense to me.

RE: lower CR pistons and stouter bottom end for 500hp has my full attention 5-6k in addition to the base kit of 7k compared to a 996TT comes to 13k vs 17k, roughly not including intsall/removal labor. Advantage of 996TT motor is proven reliabilty (relatively), will have more off boost grunt, but the downside is massaging to fit and slightly higher cost. Hopefully, the "kit" is bolt on, since it hasn't hit market, we really don't know for certain.

You can count me in as being very interested in a group buy for the basic kit. I normally don't like playing guinea pig, but this might be too good to pass up depending on what kind of deal we can swing.