View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Results are in :

9/23/07

http://www.scscc.net/schedule.html

I came in 8th, Sammy in 4th, and his friend ( in Sammy's car ) in 1st.
Nick

Oh no.....that's a friend deal breaker. Even if he knows he's faster than you any real friend would sandbag the final gate. I doubt I would ever show my face at that course again. Its like when you fix the dishwasher in front of the repair man after he said it was toast. Don't ever loan your "friend" any money Sammy...

p.s.
Nick if you want to shave those two seconds off Sammy try this. On your next run drive as slow as you can, trust me. Only gun it when your steering is completely straight and brake a little earlier, Not 10 feet earlier but earlier then what you are used to. Study the video you posted and count the sections where you would be going flat out. It's probably only a small part. That' the whole point.
I'm 100% sure you are losing those two seconds in -1/8 second increments in the turns and slaloms. Remeber drive as slow as you can when you are turning the steering wheel and keep the RPMs steady, no jerky throttle and think of braking mid corner or within the slalom as an "in case of emergency only" action. Think "Fast Mode" then switch to "Slow Mode" back to "Fast Mode" etc. You will probably end up running overy every cone but you need to recalibrate if you are noticing a trend of at least 2 seconds.
I bet you cut it down to 1 second and Sammy will be scared and stay home.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-27-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote