Thread: PCA Members?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #14
donv

Activities and "feel" of the club definitely varies by chapter. There are two in my area, Northeast and North Country. One is more laid back and very welcoming, mostly about the social stuff. The other is more "all about my car". The good news is that they co-sponsor a lot of stuff together or otherwise welcome members to participate with either. Joined just after purchasing my Boxster, have attended several events including track ("Driver's Ed") days, tech sessions, DE ground school (science of driving, friction circle, turn-in, apex, track-out, etc.), autocross school (nice almost free day of skidpad, braking and slalom events), and "gimmick" rallys. Some amazing free stufff is handed out by the dealers at some of these events in raffles or as other prizes. It has been a good thing to join IMO. Oh, and BTW, both Excellence and the local chapter newsletter give you a chance to learn about products, services and stuff for sale that would take a lot of web time to locate otherwise - all packaged up for you each month.