View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #12
Bambino Don

Send a message via AIM to Bambino Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
water spots are etches in the clear coat and the way light reflects on it it appears as being just a stain. You'll need an abrasive polish to round out the edges of the etching. Try an agressive polish like Werkstatt Prime Strong. If polishes don't do it move onto a dedicated swirl remover. The key is to start with a lighter abrasive like a Poorboys SSR1 and then see if the spot is gone. If not go up to SSR2. If that doesn't work eiter go to next level. Once the spot is gone you have "clean up" by finishing with the SSR1 again. If the gradual steps don't work either go for the big guns and get out the Menzerma Intensive Polish or Optimum Compound.
This can be time consuming by hand but if you have an orbital buffer like a Cyclo or PC its a quick job.
I went a checked out your linked websites and your car must be immaculate. I wax my car once a week on a friday, should i up that to more to achieve a better build up.??

My friend uses poorboys products on his MK2 vw Golf GTi but it is such a hardship to do by hand (i.e) remove the polish, that i use Autoglymn products on my box s. im happy enough with the finish I used to use Maguires but wasnt happy.
If i wanted the optimum finish without the use of a machine polisher, Should i realy invest in poorboys. is there a clear differance??? what is the deal with ''S100 Carnauba Wax''
What highlights the silver the best.???

sorry for all these questions but litle beats an immaculte car that is beyond clean.

James
00 Audi TT 180 coupe
02 DC5 Honda Integra typeR
01 Alfa Romeo spider 3.0 V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT Roadster 225
02 Porsche Boxster S silver/red Rolling on 19's
Now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../mycayman1.jpg

07 Cayman Guards Red/black on 19's

Last edited by Bambino Don; 09-22-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Bambino Don is offline   Reply With Quote