View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
J-RAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - CA
Car Forums give that impression. Nobody posts, "My car was trouble free today, should I be happy? Oh, and by the way, it was trouble free yesterday and for several days prior to that, any advice?"
Agreed. Information on car forums (and I participate in several) must be taken in context.

First, nearly even one that participates is an enthusiast. Why else would you participate on a car forum? Given this, we probably are more aware (critical) and take a greater interest in our vehicles. Thus, a lot of minor issues are discussed at a level that gives them a greater spotlight.

Second, as Bob stated, typically no one posts their trouble free days here. That would be silly. However, we may post about truly enjoyable track days, drives, etc. that were enhanced because of the car.

Third, it is a car. Things do happen. However, the severity and frequency of issues must be kept in mind, many are more nuissances than anything truly serious - including the notorious RMS.

The Boxster is not only a terrific sports car, it's a terrific car period. So congratulations! Don't worry about it. Get out and enjoy it!

"It is better to enter a corner slow, and come out fast, than to enter a corner fast, and come out dead." - Sir Stirling Moss

Last edited by J-RAD; 09-24-2007 at 07:03 PM.
J-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote