View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
PK, how old is your battery? Your car is still not truely fixed. For about $75 you can get a new battery and have peace-of-mind.

Could also be a bad ignition switch.
B

Thanks,

You’re correct it is not fixed, that P’s me off. Quite sure its not the battery either. My car sits parked regularly for days & days, holds its charge just fine. And it should, 2 yrs old (5 yr. type).

Ignition switch is a thought but I replaced that a year or 2yrs. ago. If it was though, I’d need the car to stay broken for more than over night to diagnose, hasn’t yet. Since it’s latest episode, I’ve started it about 15 times without a hint of a problem. In my experience with ignition switches is they will eventually make the necessary connection with a lot of jiggling and repeated twists of the key. If they don’t, they won’t heal themselves for 2 more years after a nights rest.

This is the second time it’s done the exact thing in close 2 years, (enough to make ya pause before you go to far). Pisser because there’s no chance of real diagnosis until it stays dead for more than overnight.

My experience with dead or dieing batteries is that at the twist of the key, all the idiot lights will dim significantly, bells and whistles will loose there gusto and, if its got enough charge, it’ll snap the solenoid on the starter in and out, sounding like an idling chainsaw. And of course they don’t hold a charge.

In this case, none of the above occurred.Everything electrical worked fine (windows, top, radio, etc.) nothing dimmed at all when I twisted the key.

Sorry for the windy reply.

P.K.
pk2 is offline   Reply With Quote