View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
williamsF1

Battery - All electronics works, but no ignition. Please advice :)

Hi Forum,

Today after having driving the car home from work, I took a extra short drive for 10 minutes or so. Parked it in my garage and left it for 3-4 hours.

It's a 98' Boxster, TipTronic - the battery might very well be old but I have used it as a daily driver for 3-4 months.

When I came back I turned the key but with no engine turning on, actually no sound at all.

I opened the door and I could hear a click from underneath the car. It sounded like a switch-click.

I read about 20-25 threads on this forum but with no precise answer to my problem.

My car has all electronics working just fine - PCM and music works, xenon works and I just tried lifting the roof a few centimeters and no problem. This came out of the blue the car has started quite fine recently, only one time 2 weeks ago I experienced this problem, but after turning the key 4 times the car started.

But now all I get is a click when I turn on the car. Left it for a few hours and tried again, same response. The dash says I am in P but I tried moving the gear to R and back to P to see if it was a bad switch.

So what could this be, where do I start ?

A) Dead battery ?

B) Ignition switch ?

C) Starter ?

D) Alternator ?

Is there anything I can rule out ?
williamsF1 is offline   Reply With Quote