View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 10:58 AM   #7
Perfectlap

is this limited to manual transmissions or tip?

because with manual trans. I know a fellow autocross/track (and very experienced Porsche driver) who says allot of drivers do something called Bozo clutching, which from my understanding is when when you don't simply speaking push down far engough and then you keep you're foot on the clutch after you've upchanged . This eventually "uncalibrates" your gear box making it very stiff especially in the 1st to 2nd shift. The six speed transmission for some reason really plays up this problem of lazy footed clutching. Probably due to the ratios in the six speed.

also, the Panorama quote says the 986S 6 speed is not quiet up to the level of the S2000 gear box... "less effort, much smoother",
simply admitting that the new is closer to perfection than the old isn't necessarily admitting that there is a malfunction, (according to this quote). If you're using this quote then you can basically say that with the exception of the S2000 gear box 99% of all manual transmissions mass produced malfunction and are flawed.
From that quote I can read that the 987 gear box is an improvement, as is the engine, wheels, inerior, PASM etc.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-04-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote