View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #9
nightscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh D
The clunking is still most likely your regulator preparing to go out...

If the window needs adjustment it's bc the reglator is going out.

$125 for the part... not hard to install if youre good with a screw driver and Internet instructions.....

http://www.bombaydigital.com/boxster/projects/window/

It's most likely not the window motor... it supposidly "rarely goes out."
Yesterday my window started makeing a grinding noise at about half mast on up and down. To me it sounded like the glass was crunching. The window has no sign of cracking or anything, but I can only see what above the door trim. Last night I tried rolling the window down and it sounded like the window motor was running, but the window stayed in place. So either the window broke at the bottom or came off the track. Thanks for the link on how to install a driver window. I will be investiaging what's happening this weekend. hopefully it's a simple fix.

Another concern I notice was as of recent (2 weeks or so) my driver window seems to be too high up when closing the door. The soft top was relpaced about 5 months ago, not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I close the door and it will either not close completely if I close the door lightly, or slips under the rubber trim if I close the door firmly and then rolls up the extra few to make a complete seal. Any thoughts? I breifly caught something said about window's being too high. Just curious if it would be a regulator issue.
nightscout is offline   Reply With Quote