View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #23
Perfectlap

Well the Vtec makes the s2000 very good as a commuter in terms of paying less at the pump. But that seems like a compromised sports car to me.
Also the early S2000's are really lacking in torque. This is completely lost on most people. THe instatnt you take off in an Boxster S you feel the torque. If I'm not mistaken it puts down 80% of its torque well before 4 RPM's. That's sick feeling as a driver.

Perhaps the 04 S2000 can come close to that but I haven't gotten behind the wheel of one. Torque is also vital in gear changes where horsepower isn't as relevant.
Which is to say nothing of the steering of the Boxster. I'm not sure how different it is from the S but this truly is WORLD CLASS steering. which you feel almost instantly. The S2000 doesn't have the same degree of that weighty satifying feel.
Also the engine note of Boxster S is similar to a lear jet taking off from a runway while the s2000 sound like well a (non-ducati) motorcycle.

Besides I have known several former Boxster S owners who now drive 911 (including a GT3) and all have nothing but positive things to say, basically a stepping stone to the sportscar that owns the Nurburg ring.

Adam, sorry to hear you live in the flat lands. The Boxster is an EXCELLENT city driving car. I run 3rd gear circles around NYC taxis. Corvette has to work on their image, maybe start pushing their international racing accomplishments. In France they line up to hear the C5 at the start of the 24 hrs of LeMans. Big image problem here in America. Those hideous interiors are a good place to start.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-04-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote