View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 AM   #6
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmboxster
I often get frustrated driving my boxster on conventional roads. Speed limits are so 'limiting'. However I know we have speed limits for a reason. Do any of you guys have access to tracks that you can take your car on and stretch out ? If so how does it work ? Do you have to pay a fee for the use of the track ? I'm not a wild driver but I sure would like to take my boxster and put it through it's paces every now and then to see what it can do. Any comments will be helpful.
Your timing is good. PCA Potomac is running a High Performance Driving Clinic (HPDC) on the 22nd at Summit Point's Jefferson Circuit (near Charlestown, WV). About 1 hour from the VA DC suburbs -- not sure where in Virginia you are.

The HPDC is a great intro to track driving with morning driving exercises (skidpad, slaloms, threshold braking, how to take a turn, etc.) and afternoon lapping sessions. You will definitely push yourself and your car to the limit and learn a bunch. If you enjoy the lapping sessions then the next step is to start doing HPDE -- so called Driver's Education events. PCA Potomac holds about one per month from March through November at such tracks as Summit Point (main and Shenandoah circuits), VIR, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, and sometimes other tracks.

Visit www.pcapotomac.org for all the info you need. Look in the Drivers Education section for info on the upcoming HPDC.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote