View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #6
RandallNeighbour

Turbo, get a 4 wheel laser alignment in addition to the standard Porsche PPI list of things to check. It will tell you instantly if the car has been wrecked and there is frame or subframe damage that has not been corrected.

I sure wish I had done this before I bought my boxster. I'd have walked away if I had known it had subframe damage. And it only faded to the right a little... nothing noticeable until I got new tires and had it aligned. Then I was told it could not be brought into alignment because it had been wrecked.

After replacing a bent strut on the back and having the front end tweaked on a frame straightening machine, I was wishing I had been far more careful in the car I chose.

Today I realize that I just bought a trashed car, but dang, it looked good when I picked it up and it passed the PPI just fine.

The car you're looking at is probably just fine, but why risk it when you could throw another $75 bucks at it for peace of mind? It probably needs to be done anyway to insure even tire wear.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote