View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
tkn

Yeah, the CGT just showed how much the HP wars have been pressing on the upper end of the market. When Camrys [sic?] are in the 6's, Lancers Evos are at 5, and cars like the M3 and Elise are really pushing the times even further down, it is hard to justify spending that much money on a car that is only in the mid 3s for 0-60 when a Ferrari will do it as well. I admit its Nurburgring times were absolutely amazing and made the car almost worth it (the GT2 manages similar times for much less), but most people just look at 0-60s or 0-100-0s in the US.

The face that the new Nissan GT-R is supposed to destroy everything else on the Ring is even more impressive and just makes the sports car wars even more ridiculous.

I love the CGT, but it was way too expensive for what it was. The Audi R8 is ridiculously hot, I am considering getting one myself to replace my Boxster, but I like the daily livability of my car...

All that being said, great choices in cars and much better than the standard F430 and Vantages I see around mostly.