View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #37
boxsterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

You wanna call me out? Forget it!
You chose #1, run and hide with your tail between your legs.

Quote:
I don't need some Mr. Wizard experiment to confirm what I already know and what I already told you about the substances involved.

It is you who are fixated on the fact that the WW is the cause of the problem in the face of common contrary evidence about these chemicals, well known to all (but apprarently you).

You choose #2, You further avoid the rationally obvious, CAN WW GEL IN GAS. I wish to corroborate the Lab's findings, since the Lab's finding says the jelly is most likely coolant additive. Last time I looked WW=coolant additive. "common contrary evidence about these chemicals, well known to all (but apprarently you).", Really? are there other Chemestro experts like you here? I wish they'd speak up. Maybe they'd like a crack at nullifying the simple experiment also, especially if it ends up shooting jelly. Jelly would be Tasty.

Quote:

But, lets be clear, when you add 60ml of WW to 16 gals. of gasoline and it doesn't gel, how are you going to conduct yourself in the aftermath? Will you admit that you know nothing of which you speak in this regard? That you bastardized the scientific method and followed a purely disjointed method of reasoning because you deduced a cause and effect which clearly wasn't there?

We'll see...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Sure I admit I don't know how WW and gas will react chemically. I never said I did. I do believe however it will settle to the bottom, coalesce and not mix with gas, much the same way as I observed water doing. I never claimed to be Mr. Chemestro here. That's your braggadocio, which is what we are trying to verify: YOUR knowledge in chemisty since you go on and on and on about it.

If the simple experiment does not produce WW gelling, as I said before Mr. Short term memory, then a logical conclusion can not be drawn based upon our simple experiment, and something was missing, be it a red gummy bear, Red-line Fuel Injector Cleaner, or a plethora of other unknown substances, or insufficient heat cycles, winter gas vs. summer gas chemical make up, etc... -- But I won't argue that. -- If no gel, then no logically definitive conclusions can be drawn. I do not have the interest or resources for further exhaustive investigations in finding all necessary conditions. But back to the point,

If it comes up gel, however, then I DO KNOW, with CERTAINTY, that you are dead wrong. If you were honestly secure in your "knowledge", you'd have nothing to fear with the simple experiment, as it should do as you claim: will NOT gel. Conversely, it appears that you are being extremely evasive about the experiment. That would be the position of a charlatan.

You already picked number 1 & 2, you might as well step up to #3 and help define the experiment. Put up or shut up time.

Last edited by boxsterz; 09-03-2007 at 01:01 AM.