View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 AM   #25
boxsterz

Sounds good. I see no reason to make this private as the results benefit all car owners, not just boxsters. I repeat that I'm not on some MNBoxster witch hunt, so there is no reason for Jim to shy away. This is a search for the truth. Period.

Funny if it was the injector cleaner, as it's supposed to UN-clogg injectors! It's possible that a chemical reaction between the injector cleaner AND the WW made the jelly. Again, I'm no chemist, but it would be easy enough to test empirically and far more revealing than some paper exercise.

We'll know more when the test results are in. Hopefully Jim will chime in on that too.

Please do post the chart analysis so everyone knows what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threpwood
Yea let's keep the thread positive as I would hate if this thread turned into canada-flaming cartagena

I haven't actually looked at the test result yet because the result is being sent back to me. The lab tech (chemist) said that their conclusion (coolant additive, they didn't mention WW) was drawn based on the graphs analysis, so I bet the analysis was a spectroscopy which means there should be other weird chemicals other than ones from the WW.

I should have received the result next week. I will scan and post it here so we can all look at it and see if we can analyze it in more detail

Please note that I occasionally used redline fuel injector cleaner, which has a RED color as well...so this could possibly be the culprint. I don't use this anymore though, as I avoid adding anything to the gas from now on.