View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
pilyo bxster

well if u bought 97 with a higher mileage and thru ebay, ur just asking for trouble. I think their's a reason why they sell those cars thru ebay they don't wanna deal with the buyers after selling it.
second a seven year old car with a higher mileage will definitely starting to have tons of wear and tear replacements. control arm, clutch,roof, I think everycar will naturally have.
a replaced engine then you don't even know work on it, very wary.
I also read at pete's post that the reason why their a tons of replaced 99 engines because the casting machine broke down a certain period of time and they used the rejected engines and fixed it up, to keep up with the production... not smart.
01-02 engines reliability on consumers reports is below average.
I read some 97 replaced engines and some 97 with tons of mileage good realiability.
porsche boxster is an wonderfull machinery but do your homework it's not a perfect car.
just my 02cents and what I learned since owning a boxster.

I have a 97 silver with 11 k miles on it. bought locally, owner really took care of this car and so far so good. not guarantee-ing anything but a good start. I also bought a extended warranty on it for a little piece of mind, a little cheap cause of the low miles.

tells us how it work out.
pilyo bxster is offline   Reply With Quote