View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RAD
There are several keys to using the G-tech with your car.

1. Don't take it too seriously. It's just a toy...for entertainment value.

2. You have to calibrate it correctly. This means setting the RPMs and calculating the weight accurately. I put my car on a DOT scale with me in it (as opposed to using on-line or magazine numbers that likely do not reflect my cars actual weight).

3. Above all, remember, Porsche's are not hammers (ie. dragsters), they're scalpels. If you want to go fast in a straight line there are better options. That said, if you have the G-tech Pro, check out the "g's" functionality.

Overall 6.4 is not bad but, you're right, you can probably do a little better. According to my site (see my signature) 6.0 is what the magazines (at least MT) were hitting.
1. It's actually VERY accurate in acceleration times. What it reads is what you've done.

2. Calibration for acceleration is easy, just be sure that it's held firmly in place and it's level when the car is level. Also be sure that the road is level and there is no wind or that you are doing 2-way trials. You only need weight and RPM for power calculations, it's not used for acceleration calculations. You can put in 10 pounds for weight and the acceleration and speeds won't change.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote