View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 07:48 AM   #7
Ronzi

After I bought my Box I went through the same personalized plate ordeal. The best one I came up with for my Tiptronic car was "STXRDUM" (and, no, I don't want to resurrect the Tip vs manual forum war from six months ago).
Most of the others had something to do with the yellow color, like "MELOYLO" or "YELOBOX" or something equally silly. Fortunately all the "yellow" ones seemed to already be on Dodge pickups and whatnot.
In my mind the best personalized plates are the ones that have meaning on two levels. They have a meaning to the general public, and another meaning to those familiar with the type of car it is on. For example a few years ago I had an MGB with the plate "KILR B". Everybody has heard of "killer bees" even if they don't know anything about MGs. An MG enthusiast in addition would recognize the other meaning, assuming they were generous enough to think of a turd-brown rubber bumper B as a "killer" anything.
If in addition my name had been Bob and I killed defenseless animals for sport I would have had the rare, almost mythical, three-level plate, with a general meaning, a car-specific meaning, and a hidden owner-specific meaning! Lots of luck in coming up with one like that.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote