View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Not sure if you can get to these parts with the car simply jacked up, as I havn't done this job myself, but I don't see why not.

I got the diagram from a posting on another boxster forum from when a fellow was helping someone else with the same problem you speak of. I would try to ask your question on a technical forum like Renntech.org to gather more thoughts before tackling the job. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecswtrav
Boxtaboy thanks for the technical answer - I may attempt this repair myself if I jack the car up - is it possible to get to these parts with the car simply jacked up?

Where did you manage to get the diagram and diagnosis from - i could do with getting a book like this myslef but not sure if they have a Haynes manual type thing for a Porsche.

On another forum a person suggested the rubbers/bushes on the coloumn itself? Does this make sense do you know?

vipola - that problem gettin in and out of the car is your control arms. I had the same problem plus you could hear it going over bumps. Ive had them replaced and you wouldnt know now othe than a bit of squeeking at the back as they have not been replaced.

Thanks again

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote